I live in the beautiful 115 degree scalding heat of Palm Springs, SoCal. Makeup is used to running here, and if I don’t follow my steps below, my eyeliner doesn’t last to noon!
1. Prep work is important! Prime your lids with a good eye primer, like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. It gives your eyeliner something to adhere to. Don’t forget the outside corners of your eyes!
2. If possible, apply liquid or gel eyeliner instead of pencil. Liquid and gel stay on longer and once dry, they don’t smear like a pencil does. (skip to step 5)
3. If using a pencil, find a good waterproof pencil. Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils are my favorite, plus the color selection is amazing.
4. Optionally, apply a matching eye shadow with an angled brush over your pencil to set it.
5. Lastly, apply a makeup setting spray to keep it (and your entire face) in check for the day. Skindinavia and Model in a Bottle both work well.