Halloween is right around the corner, and I finally received and tried on my costume Saturday! I was initially going to go as a feminine version of Chewbacca since a few family Members are dressing as Star Wars characters – my husband will be suiting up in his 501st Sand Trooper gear, my sister will be Han Solo, and my nephew will be a Stormtrooper. But last week, I saw a very cute red polka dotted dress from Torrid that I HAD TO HAVE, so I will be going as Minnie Mouse. It’s funny, I was never too fond of Minnie, but I couldn’t pass up that dress. Now I just need to find some bright yellow heels.
If you’re still stuck on Halloween dress-up ideas, makeup and hair artist Mayela Vazquez has some easy DIY projects and costume inspiration boards for you. Typically, I am a huge procrastinator and wait until a day or so before Halloween to finally settle on a costume. (So yes, I’m super proud of myself for buying it a week prior to Halloween.) These are definitely tips I’ll be keeping year after year, just in case I’m not as prepared as I am this year. A week is considered prepared in my book!
– – – – – – – – – – –
DIY Halloween Costume Inspiration by Mayela Vazquez
Halloween night is around the corner and getting the perfect look for that night could be a little stressful, especially if you don’t want to spend a lot of time and money on it.
I have some recommendations that I’m sure will help you look amazing:
- Take a look at the things you already have in your closet…what do you have there? Look for those pieces that can match to create the look that you want. Maybe a black dress could work for a vampire look, gothic fairy or a glamorous witch.
- A long white dress could work for a zombie, a ghost bride or even a mummy costume. Have fun and think of what you can do to pull out some of the accessories or clothes that you haven’t used in a long time.
- Your make-up and hair are key to make your look stand up from others so get inspired and get beauty products that last longer, choose your color palette and of course, get your Halloween avant garde lashes.
Some brands I recommend are:
- Make-Up Forever Mascara and HD Powder
- ShiSeido and Bobbi Brown have a cream eye liner that is amazing for long lasting looks.
- Eve Pearl eyeliner is always one of my MUST HAVE beauty products. It is easy to use and it would last for long hours
For eyelashes I recommend Shu Uemura, Make-Up Forever or Ardell.
I LOVE Illamasqua lipstick colors, especially for Halloween. Check these ones:
Nourishing Aloe Mist is a great product to set your make-up and of course, it also protects your skin. The ingredients will help you to feel fresh and also make your products last longer.
Here are some inspiration mood boards I created for Halloween.
Source: Mayela Vazquez