I must admit – I am not the best at following good beauty behavior. Occasionally, I will do something (or not do something) that my skin pays for later, although I am trying my best to keep my skin looking youthful.
If you’re like me, you may be guilty of a few of these beauty sins. Let’s make it a goal to work for better skin. High-five! =P
1. Not washing your makeup off before bed – We all know it’s bad, but many of us continue to go to sleep without washing our faces. If you’re too tired, keep a pack of makeup wipes next to your bed and use 2 – one for the grime and one to clean – to make sure you get all that gunk off your face.
2. Too much sun / not wearing SPF – Sure, sunlight is loaded with Vitamin D, but you still need to protect yourself against those nasty UV rays. It’ll help keep your skin looking younger and decrease your chances of skin cancer.
3. Brushing your hair too hard, too fast – I used to do this all the time. I would brush hard and fast to get it over with, but all that was doing was breaking my strands. If needed, apply a hair detangler, then start from the bottom up to brush your hair. Don’t just pull, instead take the time to help loosen the tangles. Your hair will thank you.
4. Popping pimples – This is a big no-no, and that’s coming from a big pimple popper herself. Popping pimples can cause dark marks and scars, and as you get older, they don’t fade as quickly.
5. Touching your face all day – Think about it – what are you touching with your hands? The keyboard? Phone? Some guy’s handshake who just adjusted his crotch? All those germs get transferred to your face from your hands, causing breakouts and more.
6. Not moisturizing your face daily – Even oily skin needs the boost of moisturizer. I’m an oily girl, but I always make sure to apply serum and moisturizer to prevent wrinkles.
7. Not getting enough fruits and veggies – Hint: vitamins are awesome for you. Eat your carrots and peas and blueberries so your skin will be happy and healthy.
8. Not drinking enough water – Keep your skin plump and younger looking by drinking plenty of water. Great skin starts with H2O.